Friday, 12 March 2010

Another Day, Another Dollar, Minus The Dollar

Sorry these blogs are so long, I just can't seem to get to them more regularly. Also I always forget to upload the pictures in reverse order, so they come up in a newest to oldest. It's too much work to fix it.


I'm pregnant...with a Moe's Burrito baby, I ate that much! If you didn't know, I really miss American restaurant food. Moe's was our favorite restaurant in Florida. I had a hard time leaving it behind and it took a while for me to get over the cravings once I was separated from them. I finally had the brilliant idea to look up copy cat recipes online. Even though it took me two days of marinating, slicing, dicing and melding, I finally had a burrito that is very similar to my long lost Moe's. I can't wait to eat leftovers.


Ben really really liked riding "The Tube" through London. He liked it as much as what we went to London for, which was to see dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum for his birthday. Note the two scholarly planners in the background. They're cut from the same cloth those two.


Natural History Museum, London.


Ben going nuts over everything dinosaur.


Ben - not so happy as he thinks he's about to be eaten by a real T-Rex. It's the stuff birthday dreams are made of! He was pretty nervous about this very real looking, moving and growling Tyrannosaurus. He didn't cry, but he had to be carried, and he was certain the whole family was going to die. Even after we left this area, he'd stop and listen to see if the dinosaur was close by or not.


Goofy kid.


This was a pretty nice museum. It was free too. Veronica was a little jealous about the big London trip for Ben. So she decided that she wants to go to a fairy museum next year for her birthday so she can see fairy bones. WHAT THE...!


Ben got this weird goofy face very time the train started after each stop. I think the subway could have been the main attraction for his birthday and that would have been good enough.


Ben with his very complicated, even for a grown-up, Transformer birthday gifts.


Ben's monster cake.


Veronica after she was crowned Queen of all Fairies at her birthday party.


Veronica with Fairy Donna. This is the woman I hired to entertain the 11 kids at V's party. She was great, fairy dust, fairy games, twinkley lights, jewelery making etc, etc. I thought it was great and so did Veronica...until she walked out to the car after the party. She was running around all goofy and I asked her what she was doing. She sadly said that she was trying to fly. She was under the impression that a "real" fairy had sprinkled her with "real" fairy dust and now she should be able to fly. She was really really sad that it didn't work. I had to think on my feet to tell her that fairy dust works different for everyone and that the effects of her dust might be that she is a really good dancer now, or a fast runner and we'd have to wait to see what powers she would have. She seemed happy with that. Poor kid, she REALLY believed that it would work for her.


Veronica at her party painting a ceramic door. This door, when hung in her room would be an opening to Fairytale Land and fairies could now come and go to her room.


This is Ben painting his door. He is also displaying the affects of the face plant he did a day earlier. He was walking with his hands deep in his pockets when he tripped. He fell flat on his face, his lip was bleeding pretty good and the swelling was bad. It turned funny colors and then scabbed up. He was tough about it though and now it's almost healed. He still walks around with his hands in his pockets.



This is Veronica's fairy cake. There's a black mouse on there too, because that's how she wanted it.


Oh....ya know. Just a little dude in a big black wig.


William's first time having ice cream. He thought it was great, but he has this incredible ability to look dead-pan in all his pictures. He's really not like that in real life, he's smiling all the time, but I can't get good pictures of him.


Veronica after her ballet performance.



Veronica and her friend Emily at the ballet performance of Peter Pan. They were Tinkerbell's friends.


Veronica with the cast of the show.


There was a lot of cake baking around here lately. The kids can hear my mixer going from anywhere and they come running to cry at my feet until they get something to lick. I'm not one of those Mom's who's scared of raw eggs, they haven't got me yet...knock on wood.


Veronica opening presents.


The kids and I went to this place called Pop in and Paint. They had fun painting their own ceramic dinosaur and butterfly. It was a nice time out.


This is what happens when I turn my back on older kids playing with a dry erase board. Poor kid, I think they even gave him earrings.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh finally the computer is letting me post my comments ~ I always have something to say!!!
    Very cute photos!!! Love getting updates on your adorable children!!! Leaha your writting just cracks me up too funny!!! I'm also soooooo sorry to hear about the loss of your dad.
    Well, I better get back to work!!! But that's not what my dad calls it!!!

    Have a great day kids ~ Love Tricia

    ReplyDelete