Thursday, 29 October 2009

Blogging is Tough Work and I'm Making Up For Lost Time.


The kids logged 1700 miles on our trip to Scotland. They were total champs. I passed out snacks, toys, movies and books on an almost constant basis, but it was worth is. No super bad crying fits. Only a little bit of car sickness. If you told me the trip was going to be 1700 miles I would have never thought we could do it, but thankfully I don't think that hard about how the itinerary I planned will add up the miles. It worked out really good. We saw a lot of Scotland, which is our favorite so far. It was really pretty. Lots of deer, sheep, pheasants and scenery.


This is the self-catering cottage that we rented in Dunkeld, Scotland. It's about the same price as a typical hotel room if you rent for an entire week. It had 3 bedrooms so the kids could sleep in similar conditions to here at home. I don't know what I would do if all of us had to sleep in one tiny hotel room.


Urquhart Castle built in the 12th century, now in ruins. We love going to things that are in "ruins" that means the kids can run around and climb on stuff. When castles/cathedrals etc have roofs and complete walls the kids have to behave, be quiet and not touch anything. This was a fun day, it was cool but sunny. The castle is right on Loch (aka Lake) Ness and the kids had fun throwing grass in the water to feed the monster.


Veronica was crying and completely heartbroken after this picture was taken because I wouldn't let her swim in Loch Ness. It was 58 degrees and the water was even colder. I was the "meanest" Mom. She was very set on just getting naked and getting in. I told her the monster would eat her.


Troy and William about to be snatched off the beach and eaten by the Loch Ness Monster.


Veronica was doing a little shopping in Oban, Scotland.


Troy got TOTALLY into the KIDS sand table. I toured the whole 3rd floor of the Glasgow Science Museum, came back and him and Ben were still where I left them. The look on their faces was like they were in the most criticle stage of a heart transplant. They weren't even talking.


My baby! He's less and less a baby now. He's acting more and more like a little boy. He messes with his brother and sister just to cause trouble. He does things a second time right after I tell him "no" while he looks me right in the eye with trouble written all over his face. He is jumping right into the mix with the other two crazies and there is no turning back. Gone is innocent baby-hood we're on to the "press to test" toddler-hood.


This was the kids' first 3D IMAX movie. It was really fun, they were reaching forward to touch stuff and jumping back in their chair when things jumped out at them. Pretty funny.


This picture is a total illusion. I don't know what they were trying to get out of me, but they usually ARE this cute individually but act like wild cats fighting when they're together. So this is like an unsolved mystery as far as why I was able to get a picture of them hugging.


This room was really neat with so many different bottles.


Veronica trying the whisky at the Whisky Heritage Center tour in Edinburgh. JK, it was soda. Troy and I tried the real thing and it still tasted as awful as ever.


Troy ends up being a regular pack mule on these trips. We look like a circus trying to make our way through busy downtown streets.


Cute.


Picture of the boys because the sign said so.


V and B at the base of Edinburgh castle.


I saw Veronica hugging someone out of the coroner of my eye and I'm glad it wasn't a real man. They really don't wear anything underneath the kilt.


This was our view the first morning we woke up in Scotland. Frost and misty mountains. I know that that really isn't much of a mountain in this shot but they were all around us and it was gorgeous.


This is what older sisters do to little brothers. Poor kid. It's even worse that he has a Mother that will put it on the internet. Hey we all need a laugh.


William thought this was great fun to escape mid-diaper change to race around the hallway. He kept looking at me like he was so sneaky and totally getting one up on me. Cheeky little man. I love the socks.


We went to the Westonbirt Arboretum to see some fall color. The leaves don't change here as much as back home in MN/WI but it was still a really nice autumn day out. William was in his favorite spot on Dad's back.


They were actually getting along!


How sweet is she?


Veronica singing at her Harvest Time performance. She was so cute, tucking in her shirt mid-song.


This was not a good Monday morning. Grrrrr. Getting 3 kids out the door for school is harder than I thought it was going to be.


Sibiling Love!

1 comment:

  1. How fun!! Great pictures! I can't believe how many miles you went. What a trip! Thanks for the pictures in the mail and the letter! Any chance your going to the states in December? Prob not but it doesn't hurt to ask, right? I'll be in Georgia if you find yourself there, be sure to stop by, lol. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete