Tuesday, 7 July 2009

More of Ireland


Me and Troy with a cling-on at Derrydane beach.


The family at the Blarney Castle. I kissed the stone, Troy didn't. My Mom suggested that he was already too full of B.S. and didn't need the added "gift of gab" the stone bestows on those who kiss it. By the number of blogs I've posted in one day, I would say the stone works.


We set out a Leprechaun trap each night (a shoe box propped up) with gold as bait. We never caught one, but the kids were rewarded for their gold with toys or chocolate. On this particular day all three kids got a stuffed animal. Veronica claims to have seen several Leprechauns running around in the woods. I also almost hit one with the car.


This is the self-catering cottage we rented, it was very comfortable and affordable. Lots of room to spread out at the end of the day. Although V and B had to share a room and Ben was not in a crib. That was a little bit of a nightmare, why don't exhausted kids just sleep? By the way, this photo was taken at 10:15 PM, the sun comes back up at 4 AM.



We did a boat ride to see seals and their babies. It was a little chilly, William is sleeping under that blanket. The kids were really really tired and crabby on this trip and claimed not to have seen any of the seals.

No comments:

Post a Comment