Sunday, 22 February 2009

Reinforcements Have Arrived!!

Glammy is here!!! It is so nice to have more help. Troy has done a ton around here to help me get done what I used to do, but it's still nice to have an extra set of hands. It really takes the pressure off for a while. Veronica and Ben have a lot more entertainment, and the fridge is always full. William will still only take naps if I'm holding him, how I've had time to do that for the last 8 weeks is beyond me. At least with Glammy here, I don't have to feel so guilty about sitting with Will so much.

Have any of you heard of the Stockholm Syndrome? I recently heard an actress compare having a new baby to this phenomenon. I really liked the comparison. The Stockholm Syndrome is a psychological response seen in abducted hostages. The hostages show loyalty and even become emotionally attached to their terrorist captors. It's strange how similar it is with a new baby, William (the terrorist) comes in and completely runs the show and we just take it. We think it's great when he gives us 4 hours of sleep (like we don't deseve it) and we've even fallen in love with him despite the abuse.



Veronica is 4 years old!!

You can see how serious Ben is taking William's baptism.

Doesn't William look like less of a sinner post baptism?

Just hangin' out, giving Mom's arms a break

Benny will give his 110% smile for every picture we take.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you are hanging in there and yes...our little V-Ron is 4. I can't believe how the time flies. We were just talking about when she was born and I was so scared to hold her. I am also glad to see that Ben acts just like his dad. (We still love you too Troy). William sounds like a handful at nap time literally. I am so glad Camden is taking 2 hour naps twice a day if we aren't at the mall, Busch Gardens or the zoo. Tell everyone hello and we miss you! Give Cara and TJ a scratch from us too...The Bowser's.

    ReplyDelete