Friday, 13 April 2012

Easter

So  -  This afternoon, Benny started crying because he "claimed" that someone rummaged through his easter basket and dumped it all over the living room and ate most of his candy. I told him to clean it up and I didn't know what happened to it. I figured that some one knocked it over - and as he went through it, he probably didn't have as much candy left as he thought he did. Then this evening as I was putting the kids to bed, I came back out to the living room (where Ben had left his basket on the floor again) and I caught Cara, our dog, gently removing eggs from the basket. I watched in disbelief as she gently (with out breaking the plastic) popped open the eggs and chewed up the candy inside. SHE ATE BEN'S EASTER CANDY! I feel so bad for Benny, especially since I didn't believe him when he was claiming that William ate all his candy and I told him to just deal with it and to just accept the amount of candy he had left. What the heck! Cara was so calculating and meticulous. This evening she had only gotten into 3 eggs before I caught her. Earlier this afternoon, she had opened like 80% of Ben's eggs. She's a 10 year old sweet old lady. She hasn't had a devious bone in her body her whole life. Now she thinks she's some kind of badass.


Another good story. 



William told me today that his fingers were too tired to put his shirt back on to go to karate (he's been running in the sprinkler) because he had been eating a snack. What the heck? He'd been eating pretzels! I asked him to put his shirt on again and  he told me again that his fingers were too tired from eating and that he's a boy so that happens to boys and I should put his shirt on for him. Seriously! He's three years old.


Reading to his monkey.

Veronica's first ever basketball game.

This is what we do in the stands during the games.

Ben's first ever basketball game.

Veronica's a little more in her element here than on the basketball court, at least for now.

Getting ready to go on stage.

My graceful beauty.

"Quit taking my picture Mom!"

Troy was practicing basketball with the boys - he wanted me to label this picture "disappointment in my children's sports abilities"

Neighborhood Easter party.

If it's too sunny we smile like this.

Little big man.

The kids ate a lot of hard boiled eggs that day.

We have a great group of neighbors. The kids play all the time and the adults are becoming good friends.

Veronica would hate me for posting this, if she knew. Hahaha. That's what she gets for smiling like this on purpose when I ask for a nice picture. 

The gang.

Cara had surgery to remove some lumps. She's healing quickly and wasn't uncomfortable.

As it turns out, Cara has no muscles, there's nothing to her under all that fur. They shaved her so much to get at the lumps that she looks a little bit like a hairless cat. 

Easter Morning.

Quick Ben, smile as hard as you can!

William being William.

It's hard when your older siblings are older, faster and smarter at finding Easter eggs.

Too much candy!

We had great weather for Easter. Warm, nice breeze, no humidity. 

The loot.

Did you know the Easter bunny could jump up into trees and hide eggs up there? He can.

The Easter bunny brought everyone a new book.

Cara is 10 years old.

My friend Suzie ordered this dog biscuit for her - Troy and I are terrible dog owners, we always forget her birthday, every year. We usually acknowledge it a day or two late. At least we're consistent. 

Did you ever want to see a dog's tongue in action. Here ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment